Mining & Industrial
Dry ice is a highly effective agent for mining and industrial applications. Used for cleaning and maintenance applications along with its ability to shrink fittings and de-flash moulds.
Cleaning & Maintenance
Mining and Industrial organisations everywhere, whether involved in aviation, mining, the automotive industry or anything in between, are under constant pressure for more output and less downtime. Mechanical engineers and production or maintenance managers attempt to balance keeping equipment and machinery clean and serviced versus minimising downtime and maximising time in service.
Many industries contend with an extensive range of contaminants and byproducts including dirt, sealant, red dust, oil, grease, dust, bitumen and weld slag to name a few.
The contaminants and byproducts force significant downtime for cleaning. Traditional methods of cleaning include scrubbing and scraping, sandblasting, pressure washing and chemical treatments. These subject valuable machinery to additional damage from water or chemical ingress and damage from abrasive impact.
Dry ice can be used in the following shrinking applications:
- Shrinking of fittings and de-flashing of moulds.
- Dry ice will effectively shrink metal to slide on fittings, sleeves, bushes and bearings.
- Reduce dents in motor vehicles bodies
- Dry ice will also shrink rubber, PVC and vinyl for easy removal
Mining & Industrial Dry Ice
Reduce downtime for servicing and maintain structural integrity of valuable equipment with Dry Ice Cleaning.
Dry ice applications Include:
- Drilling Equipment, Conveyors & Crushers
- Turbine & Generator Rotors and Stators
- Engine Bays, Blocks, Motors, Cylinder Heads & Transmissions
- Filters, Pumps, Compressors
- Refrigeration Components
- Heat Exchangers & Pressure Vessels
- Hydraulic Packs & Hydraulic Components
- Electrical Components
- Filters, Pumps & Compressors
- Flooring, Walls and Staircases
- Slush, Aluminium & Urethane Moulds
- Blow, Compression & Injection Moulds
- Hydraulic Components
- Batteries & Generators
- Suspension Housings